Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Rejections and Acceptances

Over my tenure as an educator I've applied for a number of professional institutes and events. I have probably had about a 50-50 success rate with 50% rejection and 50% acceptance. I am happy that I've reached out to apply to these many events as attendance at those I've been admitted to have been rewarding, motivating, and positive, and as for those that didn't accept me, that has built a good amount of resilience which has made me unafraid to reach out to risk and try something new. Life is full of rejections and acceptances of all kinds, and it's these kinds of events that help to shape who you are and where you go. With this in mind, I recommend that you don't resist risk, but instead try for the events and activities that interest you and then let those acceptances and rejections shape who you are and where you go.