Saturday, December 23, 2017

Lost Capacity

I spoke to a person that I consider to be a brilliant educator today. She lamented her lack of voice and choice in her school system, a system different than the one I work in.

I worried as I thought about the lost capacity that system is facing by not tuning into this educator's brilliance. Why would they continually just tell this teacher what to do without paying attention to her long tenure of excellence when it comes to teaching students.

Do they ignore her capacity, intelligence, and experience because it's easier, and because they can? Don't they realize that by doing this, they are offering their students less.

It's clearly time to re-look at systems with regard to schools as I believe that system structure in many schools and school systems are hindering the brilliance possible, a kind of brilliance that serves children well.