Monday, August 14, 2017

How Do You Foster an Earth-Friendly Classroom?

I just reached out to an environmental expert, Patrick Conaway, to see if he might want to write a guest post and/or visit our classrooms to talk about Earth-friendly classrooms, learning, and living. Every year I say I am going to commit to this more, and I end the year not satisfied with my efforts. Hopefully this year, I'll do a better job as I know it is critical to foster stewardship of our land, water, and air for sustainable living and growth.

I ordered the stickers above and have been more mindful about not ordering plastic materials for the classroom. I'm also going to encourage children to bring water bottles, and work for colleagues to look for ways to meld our science/STEAM learning with conservation and local environmental efforts.

I noticed this article today which I'll read with care, and reach out to others for good ideas in this effort. Please share any advice or suggestions you have.