Wednesday, June 14, 2017

What's Next?

Writing to inspire myself forward, I'm thinking about the final days of school. We're down to the last week now--a week that includes a visit to the Middle School, a Global Changemakers Presentation, Changing Bodies Presentation, a historic tour of Boston, clean up, and the final day celebrations. As I've written before it's all about staying energized, kind, and caring in these final days--time to support the children in as many ways as I can.

These days call for special touches including daily meetings, time to talk and play, completing final films and other activities, writing special messages in memory books and more. When a young child cried today about the end of school, a child who has enjoyed the year so much, I too was moved. It is an emotional time for all of us as we prepare to say farewell and move forward.