Monday, October 24, 2016

Path Ahead

The first school day after ECET2-MA2016 was great with respect to the children, but somewhat disheartening with respect to some of the bigger issues and events that affect me as an educator.

I just wish administration would say, "Hey, you've taught for 31 years. You've completed considerable study. You're involved in numerous education organizations. Just do what you know how to do well, and work with us as a team to maximize our collective efforts to teach children well. We trust you. We believe in you." I'd be so happy to hear those words, but instead there are so many "have-to's," requirements that in many ways don't support the dynamic teaching and learning I believe in. Yet, I don't know it all and there are many aspects of my job that I like and need, so be it--I'll go along.

Anyways, I'll do the job required as well as I can with great love and compassion for the students I teach.

Then I'll focus in on a few other areas of study and living. . .areas that bring positive challenge, joy, trust, belief, and good living. Onward.