Tuesday, October 25, 2016

ECET2-MA2016: The Gift That Keeps on Giving

I keep thinking back to ECET2-MA2016, and despite the somewhat discouraging political/organizational realities of school life, what I learned that day is positively impacting my teaching.

I had so much fun using GoNoodle with the students. I started with the same pattern dance/song that Audrey and Victor shared on Saturday.

I also did a lot of coaching in math and really thought about Jose's inspirational talk and message as I coached each child. It's so rewarding to be able to help children grow with confidence and care. And as Jose reminded us, when we treat them well, they respond in like.

Further, I reached out to family members for a bit of support with regard to current learning goals, and since we work as a team, they were quick to write back a few responses and a correction to help the whole team of family members, students, and teachers.

Though feeling somewhat "shackled" by mandates, when I'm in the classroom working with my grade-level colleagues, children, and family members, that ECET2-MA2016 spirit reigns and that's valuable.
These respectful and inspiring ECET2 values definitely empower what we can do to serve and teach children well.