Monday, June 27, 2016

Summer Study

There's a temptation today to skip the summer conference I signed up for, hop in the car, and take a trip to the beach--it's a beautiful day! Yet, I know that once I attend the event, I'll be happy that I did.

My sister called me with a similar story this morning. On Saturday, another beautiful day, she attended a course, and the information and potential shared exhilarated her and prompted her to reach out to share the information with colleagues today.

While summer is a great opportunity for educators to relax and re-energize, it's also a great chance to study which in turn fuels the teaching tank for the year to come.

Plus the kind of learning I'll engage in today will be relaxing compared to the learning/teaching days of the school year as those days take full energy every moment. Today I can sit back a bit to listen, learn, create, and share.