Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Create Day: Global Cardboard Challenge

Today's our Global Cardboard Challenge create day. Teams and individuals will turn boxes big and small into games, play structures, and puppet theaters. We've got lots of duct tape, popsicle sticks, recyclables, paper, and other materials to add to these creations.

Students enthusiastically finished design plans and collected supplies yesterday, and today, spread out amongst three classrooms students will create. My job will be to oversee safety (with scissors mostly), encourage teamwork, support trial and error, and take pictures. I'll watch individuals and teams carefully. I'll witness stamina, perseverance, frustration, focus, new ideas, and joy.

I'm sure I'll tweet out some images and I'm certain there will be some surprises too. Let the creativity begin!