Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ask the Experts

How often do you try to solve a problem on your own without asking the experts.

Today as I considered two dilemmas with regard to the year ahead, I decided to ask the experts.

From reading multiple blogs and tweets as well as attending many conferences, I've come to know many experts in many areas of education.  I have learned who may have the answers I seek.

So today thanks to the great ability we have to contact experts via Twitter and email, I sent those questions forward. I've had these questions for a long time and have tried to find the answers on my own and with colleagues, but the truth is that none of us have the experience or outlook that these experts have.  Further I know these questions are not unique and apply to multiple educators in a large number of settings.  Hence, the experts might find the questions to be inspiration for a new blog post, book chapter, or conference point.

If you don't ask, you'll never know, and hopefully by asking, I'll receive some dynamic answers that will help me to teach children well in the new year.  What questions do you have about teaching and learning, and what experts out there might have the answers you're looking for. Don't hesitate to ask if the answer has the potential to positively affect a child's life.