Friday, December 21, 2012

Defining My Path's Direction (Again!)

I write a lot about direction.

That's because there are so many potential avenues to travel.

Also, there are many competing interests luring me down their paths.

My professional direction is pointed toward optimal learning design with students' interests and needs as the focal point.

Research, standards, observation, assessments, conversations and collaboration will inform my movement down this path.

Student confidence, happiness and investment will be the gauge I use to monitor my progress.

In the end, I will know that I've traveled well if my students smile, ask questions, demonstrate personal drive, vision and understanding, and achieve worthy skill, knowledge, concept and attitude.

I will repeat this direction again and again, and refine my travel plans and manner as I go.  This is a direction I want to invest in, and one I am proud to travel.