Monday, August 22, 2011

From Vision to Reality

I'm creating today; I'm creating posters, short videos and lists to support student learning.  In my imagination, I can see the finished product and I want to be there now--but good ideas take time to create.  What's the best process for bringing an idea to fruition?  Here's a starting process.
  1. Take time to create and visualize the final product, performance or event idea.
  2. Dissect the idea into parts.
  3. Create a step-by-step plan.
  4. Start creating and/or implementing.  Stop now and then to assess, review, consult and revise.
  5. Complete.
  6. Evaluate.
  7. Move on.
So that's what I'm doing today as I create all the items that will encourage optimal student learning throughout the year.

Is your idea process similar?  I look forward to sharing your strategies.